Food Insecurity Grant Application Winter 2020/21
Ends on February 1, 2021
Bronx Community Relief Fund Application
The Bronx Community Foundation is inviting applications for funding for individuals and organizations supporting access to food in the Bronx. Grassroots organizations, small businesses, and groups offering innovation solutions are welcome to apply. Funds can be used to cover the cost of food, materials, transportation, staff, utilities, overhead, etc., whatever the applicant deems necessary to the success of their proposed project and services. Applications will be accepted through mid-January and funding will be made available early February.
Eligible grantees must:
- Be a Bronx located/based organization or have a significant focus on serving the Bronx community;
- Provide immediate food insecurity relief;
- Have some lasting infrastructure or presence in the Bronx (e.g. 501c3, fiscally-sponsored organization, small business, mutual aid, groups with guiding principles and governance structure);
- Be able to track and report progress throughout the proposed grant period.
Applications prioritized will be:
- Black, Indigenous, or people of color-led organizations/efforts
- Grassroots organizations
- Proposing innovative solutions to food relief. Some examples (not requirements) are:
- the applicant has included cross-sector partnerships in their proposal
- the applicant is leading or leveraging mutual aid community-led efforts
- the applicant considers opportunities like benefits single-stop locations into their programming
Applicants may request between $10,000-$30,000 of funding. Grants will be awarded to groups that will have an immediate impact on Bronx individuals and households that are food insecure. Grants will be awarded for costs incurred related to supporting emergency food relief (emergency feeding, benefits sign-up programming, community farm food distribution, etc.).
Who is this grant for?
The Bronx Community Foundation’s Food Insecurity Grant Program is designed to provide funding that will help food banks, pantries, and other nonprofit organizations, grassroots organizations, or small businesses continue to fight food insecurity in the context of the challenges posed by the COVID-19 public health crisis. The funds must be used to support Bronx residents. Entities that are located outside of the Bronx can submit applications for projects that are exclusively focused on the Bronx. Grants will be awarded to organizations that will have an immediate impact on individuals and households that are food insecure. Grants will be awarded for costs incurred related to supporting emergency food relief (emergency feeding, benefits sign-up programming, community farm food distribution, etc.).
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit your application.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- Once your application is formally submitted, no further editing will be allowed. Please be sure to submit a complete application.
- Any files uploaded will be shared outside of the organization they belong to.
- Your data is held in strict confidentiality. We do not sell or communicate your information to any mailing lists or third parties. You will never be asked about your immigration status or the immigration status of employees.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.
- Note, any files are uploaded will be shared outside of the organization they belong to.
- If necessary, the application can be filled out on a smartphone or tablet, and any files needing to be uploaded can be emailed to email@example.com
Grant recipients will be selected solely on the basis of eligibility. Each grant application will be screened for compliance with the eligibility and application requirements on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis (regardless of religion, gender, ethnic origin, race, or sexual orientation) by the Bronx Community Foundation Food Insecurity Grants Committee.
I applied, now what? Next Steps
- Thank you for submitting your application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the goal of getting you an answer as quickly as possible. Please allow 3-6 weeks for the review and selection process. A Bronx Community Foundation team member will contact you should we need clarity regarding your application.
If you experience technical difficulties applying or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.